Tuesday 26 March 2013

Keeping it simple


Life has been crazy busy for a variety of reasons, but I have been smiling my way through with so many good things happening at Onneke HQ. I have been working my socks off to get new surface patterns ready and out into the world. Oh how I love this job! There are some completely new collections and some old motifs that I have reworked into new patterns. I'm learning that I don't like complex designs, so I am stripping it all back and making the things that I really want to make. It's making me happy.

I'm also working on more cards. This one below is for that person who sets fire to your heart. I hope you have someone like that in your life, it's a pretty amazing feeling.

It's nearly Easter and the kids went to school with their Easter bonnets and decorated eggs today. As we walked into the playground, some snowflakes fell down. Really? Enough already. Even my 7 year old, who loves snow, declared that he didn't really want any more. Let's hope spring makes an appearance in the next days.

ps. I forgot to mention: I have had some lovely online features in the last month. Check them out if you have a moment. You can find me on this beautiful French website. I have also had two features in the stunning third issue of MOJO magazine. One of my cross stitch kits was featured on the tietheknotonthehighstreet blog. And there is a little interview on Faye Brown's beautiful blog.

And if you missed it, I wrote a post on the Tigerprint youblog a while back, and will be doing another soon hopefully... if I have a moment spare.

2 comments: